In most cities and towns, the high volume of road traffic has become a serious problem.
What are the causes of this situation?
What actions can be taken to solve the problem?
(1) With the ever-increasing speed of urban development, the volume of road traffic in most cities and towns has grown out of control. During the rush hour, buses and private cars are always trapped in the traffic congestion where people waste hours every day just because of the poor road condition. This essay will explore the causes of this situation and some possible actions that can be taken to solve this problem.
(2) To start with, the increasing number of private cars is the main cause of traffic jams. With the fast development of social economy, more citizens are able to afford private cars, which bring them great convenience. Instead of taking the sardine-packed buses or the metro to work, people now have the option to commute in their own cars. However, this new trend inevitably worsens the traffic.
(3) Another major cause of the high traffic volume is the over-population in large cities. Offering much more job opportunities with better career development, metropolises such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou have attracted millions of people from other parts of the country. Unfortunately, the public transportation systems in the cities are comparatively under-developed and cannot support the booming population, which naturally results in the traffic problem.
(4) In order to alleviate the pressure on road traffic in towns and cities, the following suggestions should be taken into consideration. First of all, the government can discourage the citizens from owing and driving private cars by charging higher fees. In the meantime, the public transportation system should be upgraded so as to increase the total capacity. Moreover, the government can encourage the citizens to take buses or the metro to work by lowering the ticket prices.
(5) In conclusion, the over-crowding of city roads is the result of unbalanced urban development, which can be solved with the joint efforts of both the government and the average citizens.
本题为典型的“因果解决类”（cause/effect & solution）题目，通常要求考生讨论某问题的原因、结果、解决方案等问题。
(2) 原因A：私家车（private cars）数量激增。
(4) 解决方案 1、2、3。